Fleetwood Masonic Hall

Loading Map....

32 The Esplanade

United Kingdom

Fleetwood_Masonic_HallFleetwood Masonic Hall has had a chequered history since the original property was first built c.1847. Then it was a private house known as ‘The Towers’ (one tower still remains).

In 1945 it became Fleetwood Orphanage and Children’s Home and remained as such until the Orphanage closed in 1954 having given scores of Fleetwood children an especially fine start in life.

On May 4 1955 as a result of requests from lodges operative in Fleetwood in those days namely Hesketh, Fleetwood, Onward and Mount Lodges, ‘enquiries as to the cost of a new building or one which could be adapted for Masonic purposes only’ were made.

This request came as a result of unsatisfactory service and terms applied by the various local Fleetwood hostelries at which the lodges then met. Also, in common with the rest of the Fylde coast in the post – war years, there were long membership waiting lists and it was anticipated that there would have to be an increase in the number of lodges meeting in Fleetwood.

Fleetwood’s oldest lodge, Hesketh, which was formed in 1863 and named after Fleetwood’s founder, received approval to pay a deposit of £240 for the purchase of No 32, The Esplanade, Fleetwood. Fortunately the lodge had, coincidentally, received a legacy of £300 from the estate of a former member.

To read more about Fleetwood Masonic Hall, please visit: northfyldegroup.org.uk/fleetwood-masonic-hall-a-brief-history

Upcoming Events

  • No events in this location